1. Name & type of blogger - Quite the obvious isn't it? The blogger's name. However, sometimes, some bloggers use a pen name. So the card has to inform both the names, so its easier to use in emails/invites with real name and at the same time its easier to find your blog with pen name. Type would obviously imply the genre of the blog if you're a fashion or travel or hobby or cinema or education etc etc etc.
2. Blog Name, Logo, URL - As a blogger, the blog's name is the most important thing in the card. Its always a good idea to have a logo, if not, the blog's header screenshot would do. And ofcourse the URL is necessary. Owning 2 blogs like me has its own disadvantages! How the hell do I put up 2 logos and their URLs without cramping up the space?! After moving around the logos & text a bit, I arrived at this layout? Like it?
3. E-Mail - That's obvious as well.
4. Social Media links - Blogger's are social influencers. All bloggers are active in atleast 1 social media. So mentioning them on the card is also a good idea. My last business card had my social media details on the back of the card and sometimes I was asked whether I was in social media. So yeah, this time I put it up in the front! Ofcourse, its unnecessary to write down all social media where you're not even active. Btw, I read somewhere that social icons on visiting cards are not click-able, so write the handle name beside icon and my thought was isn't that common sense? Well, common sense isn't common. Very recently, I came across a blogger's card where there were social icons with no name beside!!! So yeah, social media icons in visiting cards are 'not' clickable!
5. QRCode - With all the long URLs, and with the smart phones in everyone's hands, its a very good idea to have a QR code. Its easier for anyone to scan the code and open the blog/vlog link instead of typing it all out on browser without spelling mistakes!!!
Optional stuff that could also get into a card:
1. An image? While a logo would suffice, a little photograph wouldn't hurt, would it? An advantage of digital printing when compared to the traditional screen printing! A nice head shot or a pic that brings out the feel of your blog would be a perfect additional touch! I chose this particular pic, coz I love the way I'm enjoying the nature and my outfit as well - travel and fashion, covered!!!
2. Phone number?
4. Font - Another point to be kept in mind is the choice of Font Style, color, size... To curvy, stylish fonts at times gets too difficult to read and so is using too many fonts. One of maximum of 2 colors should be used. More than that may make your card look colorful, but might be a bit painful on the eyes to read! Business cards are small, but going too small in font size also gets a bit painful on the eyes to read.
P.S: The product was gifted by the company for reviewing purpose, however the opinions are of my own experience and are this post does not to advertise the product.
visit my online store at www.bhushavali.com